Feb 17 2009

A Spoken Word Is Not A Sparrow…

…Once it flies out, you can’t catch it.

But we are not talking about just any spoken word, we are talking about SpokenWord.org and this is the kind of stuff that we don’t mind slipping out.

So, what is SpokenWord.org? I am glad you asked because it is a number of things.

First of all it is a directory for audio and video spoken-word recordings. So instead of hitting up google (and we do love google) hit up SpokenWord and you’ll find a plethora of just recordings that can satisfy your audio desires. SpokenWord also has the added benefit of being a user-generated content community. So if you know of some good recordings out there (hey free PR, baby!) you can submit it to the site and get mad Internet-props for not just being a consumer.

Now here is where SpokenWord takes it up a notch. While SpokenWord does not actually host any of the recordings (again just a directory) you can create ‘collections’ and subscribe (like an iTunes podcast) to those audio recordings you dig. SpokenWord can do this through an RSS feed of the recordings and if you aren’t familiar with RSS this quick video is a great way to learn. In addition, you can subscribe to your own collection or others users collections in iTunes (or whatever feed reader you choose). I know you are asking, how will I find other people’s collections or more importantly how will people find my awesome collection of audio recordings? Simple, you can tag your collection with various key terms that will help you find what you are looking for and help people find you.

So what are you waiting for? Sign up, contribute, and share – the wheels of the web don’t run if users like you don’t move.

Comments Off on A Spoken Word Is Not A Sparrow…