Jan 15 2010

Fun Foto Effects

Maybe you are still thinking about the awesome winter break you had and my suggestion to create collages wasn’t enough for you. Perhaps you are feeling creative and want to spiff up some of you favorite photos. Why not try some fun photo filters? Before you complain about not having Photoshop or even the knowledge on how to create cool filters, why don’t you take a look at Rollip?

Rollip is a professional online photo effects site with 40 photo filters. Say you have a picture of NYC and you want to get artsy with your photo you can go easily go from this:

Rollip NYC Pic

to this:

Rollip NYC Effect4

Now you look like a professional photographer that knows how to change saturation and hue (insert other photography words) to create a new image, with a new feel. Rollip has an easy to use interface, it is all done online so you don’t have to worry about downloading any software to use and of course best of all it is free.

So, grab some favorite photos, try out some filters and tell your friends you worked for hours to get the right white balance…or something. Happy filtering!

3 responses so far

3 Responses to “Fun Foto Effects”

1. lellison 20 Jan 2010 at 7:18 pm

Hey! I’m that *one* person that attended the transfer student seminar this Spring!

I haven’t yet gotten to read all the entries yet (including this one), but I will. I wanted to suggest that you post about FreeMind. I didn’t see it on the website… Let me know what you think about it.

Also, you should try publicizing this website so much more! If you already aren’t, that is. This stuff is awesome.

Thanks 🙂

2. Neo-Revon 25 Jan 2010 at 12:49 pm

Hey!

Thanks for leaving a comment. I will certainly check out FreeMind. If you are interested in blogging it yourself we can have you on as a guest blogger!

Please do share with your friends, we definitely need to work on our publicity.

Thanks!

3. lellison 25 Jan 2010 at 11:46 pm

I would love to do some guest blogging! 😀 And I will be sure to tell friends & family about it!

Woot!