Mar 04 2010

Need your system specs? Get Speccy.

Published by at 5:09 pm under Software Stuff,Uncategorized,Windows Compatible

Whenever I work with the hardware on my PC, be it dealing with RAM or system cooling, I inevitably have to check my hardware specs to troubleshoot (RAM timings or CPU core temperatures, for example).  I’ve used dozens of programs for this purpose, be it Coretemp or Everest, yet none have held a candle to both the amount of information given or the sleekness in which this information is delivered than Piriform Speccy, a lightweight yet extremely informative system spec analyzer.  Need your RAM timings?  Your motherboard model? Your graphics card temperature?  Your SMART hard drive information?  Speccy will give you everything you could need, both for troubleshooting purposes and pure curiosity.  If you ever need any information on what is in your computer, Speccy will give it to you.  Although its information is lacking in the software department, that can be easily remedied by any number of programs, including the aforementioned Everest, but when it comes to hardware, Speccy is a great go-to program.

Comments Off on Need your system specs? Get Speccy.